There is a cool new feature in SharePoint 2010 which will let you to color the list rows based on specific criteria. SharePoint designer 2010 has this new feature and here is the steps to do it.
Here, I use default Tasks list for demo purpose.
1. Open SharePoint 2010 designer and open the site=>list=>view which you want to highlight.
2. Choose the View where you want to highlight the color. I choose “All Tasks” view.
3. In the “All Items.aspx” window in SharePoint 2010, click on the WebPart. It will activate other Ribbon Tabs to customize the view.
4. In “Option” tab, you can see an option “Conditional Formatting” where you can format Row & Column as you wish.
5. Once you chose “Format Row” option, it will show a dialog box where you can provide the condition and format information.
6. You can see the applied formatting in the designer itself. (I have taken this snapshot on 27th December 2010.)
7. List view will be shown like below.
Note : Whenever you make a change in the SharePoint designer, save the content and refresh the data to publish the modified view into SharePoint site.
Though this is a simple feature, hope you would enjoy it since no code needed to achieve this feature.